Tuesday 21 October 2014

Re-post: Production process of final product

Production process of final candle-holders- use of several medium of glues- hot glue, glue stick, craft glue all involved to make the product as clean as possible.

For the jars that I had ended up purchasing, it was also quite nifty when I had realised that I could adapt the lids that originally came with the jar and use them as wire for my hanging candleholders as an alternative to the twine. This is not only more safe and avoids the risks of the flammability of the twine, but is also cost-cutting, as I am already using the body of the original jar as much as possible instead of adding more materials to it.

For the decorative use of paper I had purchase delicate forms of tissue papers and thicker cardboard like paper from Gordon Harris. I have purchased four different types all with keeping into the natural colour scheme that eco-glo I believe represents- all from shades of white, cream to brown. Aesthetic wise I think this blends in quite well with not only the twine but the glass jars also being used.  

Construction and ensuring consistency and cleanliness of products.

Final designs

Overall, I was very pleased with the way my final products turned out. I feel after the initial experimentation's of developing what mediums to use and in what way, I had gotten a clearer sense of creating a product that has been developed by taking in consideration of aesthetic for the market, ties in with the group concept and is something that is safe to use.

Shem Dela Cruz Baua

No comments:

Post a Comment