Tuesday 21 October 2014

Re-post: Mock-up of candleholder process

Original concept for the hanging candleholder I had created. The only downside to this is working with the twine- will need more testing or perhaps a different material such as wire to hold it up.. safety concern is a possibility here. Otherwise very happy with the hanging idea for one of them, just need to develop further.
The hanging one next to the platform one I had constructed out of wood- inspired by one of the log wooden one on Pinterest, I wanted to create something that had a clean, sort of oriental feel to it- design reminds me of structures of Chinese temples. Constructed out of soft wood- will need to evaluate and look into materials for this one as to make it as clean as possible.


Hanging candle version two- this one is I believe not going past the testing phase- the twine is too dangerously close to the flame. I do like the idea of three sitting next to each other though so will have to look into that more.


The use of glass jars will probably be the most popular option I feel. In terms of producing a consistent product the use of glass jars will also aid this process quite well- as if I use the same base for all of these jars the designs will all stay consistent.

Tester candles as a collective.

The final candles that I will be testing further and considering for our final product.

Overall the mock-ups and testing of these candles taught me a lot going forward into this assignment and leading upto the construction and production of the final product. As I am working with paper (this was the medium I got given out of our group), I found that quite difficult to incorporate towards tealightholders- paper is not exactly the most ideal holder for a lit candle that will be sparking a flame. 

However after further research and observing designs and taking inspiration from the internet and my pinterest page, I had managed to find a way to incorporate the paper. By placing the candle on surfaces that won't actually burn- I have used glass and wood for these, and incorporating the paper as a delicate design element, I believe I have found the perfect balance of adding this medium into my designs.

Shem Dela Cruz Baua

No comments:

Post a Comment